|Author||Dr. James Dobson|
Our children are in the midst of a crisis of confidence! From the moment they enter the world, children are subjected to a value system that reserves respect and esteem for only a select few. Those who fail to measure up to society's standards--primarily in the areas of beauty and intelligence--must learn to cope with feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. Over the past twenty-five years, more than a million parents and teachers have benefited from Dr. James Dobson's insightful counsel in the classic Hide or Seek. Now revised and updated, The New Hide or Seek provides a new generation of parents with practical pointers for raising self-confident, healthy children.
Dr. Dobson also offers specific instruction on how to:
- * build confidence from infancy onward
- * protect children from the pain of inferiority
- * compensate for ridicule and unfair value judgments
- * teach children to respect themselves and others
- * shape the will without breaking the spirit
- * avoid overprotection and dependency and maximize educational potential.
Each strategy is followed by an informative question-and-answer section discussing common problems that occur in the lives of children. The book culminates in a discussion of the values parents should seek to impart to their kids. These values will give children the courage to seek their best rather than hide in fear.